Tips To Fashionably Tackle The Houston Heat

By Cindy Nguyen - 4:42 PM



Top: Pacsun / Bottoms: GARAGE / Jacket: Q Fashion / Shoes: Adidas Cloudfoam QT Flex

Houston, Texas. Single-handedly known to mankind as the epitome of hot and humid. On an average, the temperature goes up to around 95-100F on a normal summer day whilst also managing to be outrageously humid. Trust me when I say it's easy to want to forget about makeup, throw on simple shorts and a t-shirt all because you know you'll either sweat in it, your hair will turn frizzy, or your makeup will melt. Here are some quick tips that I try to feel refreshed and cute while I'm outside:


Stay away from tight long-sleeved shorts or shirts. 
These are your worst enemy. Although I was always one to want to avoid tanning, I've come to realize I'd rather be a few shades darker than to have my armpit area be inconceivably noticeable. The key to success is definitely to have some loose fabrics on, or clothing that may be a little more revealing - such as a tank top! It helps keep you cool and you won't want to avoid the sun.

Freshen your look when needed.
Facial spray is one of the things that I've taken for granted because I thought it was just water. However, it's loaded with nutrients, vitamins and minerals to not only deliver a cooling effect onto your skin, but it helps revive dull-looking skin. My favorite is the Mario Badescu Facial Spray which I've bought in the mini-sizes so that I can easily carry it in my purse.

Set your makeup!
Your makeup will cease to melt off if it sets properly. All you need is some powder and a good setting spray. I use the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder or the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder to bake my face, and then finish it off with the Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray. This ensures that this will stay on my face all night and day and keeps me from getting too oily!

Let me know where you guys live in the comments below, and how you guys tackle the weather! 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments